Did you know... that Santa Writes Back when you write to him?! Yes, yes, I know... Christmas is two months away but we in the Dadson household are already getting in the mood. We've listened to Christmas music in the car pretty much everyday this past week. Stopping in the toy aisle while grocery shopping at Tar-jay did not help matters either. I told the girls to write a letter to Santa telling him what they want for Christmas because they literally wanted everything in sight.
Now Back to the main question. Janelle explained to me today that Santa does reply to letters because last year she wrote him and asked for a hula-hoop. Santa had a bit of a hard time finding a hula-hoop because it was the middle of winter and hula-hoops are a summer item. However, on Christmas morning, he brought her some other gifts with a note stating that Mum and Dad would pick up the hula hoop and deliver it the next day. Ooops!
Okay, I can explain. What happened was Boo and I searched high and low for a month to find a hula-hoop but because of the fact that I'm a slave to Tar-jay, and "Walmart" is a bad word in our house, we neglected to search at the latter. Of course, that store would have the one item no other store stocks in the wintertime. We found this out on the Christmas Eve and with our nativity play underway and all our best friends over, there was no dashing to the store that night. That is how it happened the Santa (Boo), quickly drafted a reply that kept a five-year-old from having a major meltdown on Christmas morning.
Now, I look forward to the day she realizes that we pulled the wool over her eyes on that one:)
Jane 23
5 months ago








1 comment:
That is funny! I hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment